Recipe of the Week:
The Best Oatmeal Cookies EVER

3 eggs, well-beaten
1 cup raisins
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup granulated sugar
2 ½ cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 cups oatmeal
¾ cup chopped nuts
Combine eggs, raisins and vanilla and let stand for one hour covered with plastic wrap (THE most important step!) Cream together butter and sugars. Add flour, salt, cinnamon and baking soda to the sugar mixture. Mix well. Add oatmeal and chopped nuts and mix well. This gets all of the ingredients well-mixed, but keeps you from over-beating the eggs or crushing the raisins, which will be very soft. Add egg and raisin mixture. Stir well, but try not to kill the raisins. I pour the mixture on top and kind of pull the dry ingredients into it. Then I just use my hands to finish incorporating it. Drop by heaping spoonfuls (for big cookies) onto ungreased cookie sheet. I like to scoop, roll into balls and flatten because I find that the inside cooks better this way. Bake at 350° 14-17 minutes and golden brown…PERFECT!


1 Comments:
How do you think these would taste if you substituted coconut for the raisins?
It's Lent so you shouldn't be posting this sort of thing.
Post a Comment
<< Home